GENERAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. The Foundation awards contributions, gifts and grants in the following categories:
- All organizations receiving approval of their
grant requests must
sign a Memorandum of Agreement prior to any disbursement of funds by the Foundation.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
(Click above to view an example of the agreement)
Applications should be directed to:
Mrs. Helen Lund Yancey, President or
Rebecca E. Ruiz, Director of Operations and Administration
Robert E. and Evelyn McKee Foundation
5835 Cromo Drive, El Paso, Texas 79912-5501
(P.O. Box 220599, El Paso, Texas 79913-2599)
View 2021 Grants and Donations
Back To Welcome Page
Civic, Cultural and Religion
Education, Literature and Science
Rehabilitation and Welfare
2. Awards for scholarships are made to a few selected colleges and universities. Selections of those to receive scholarship awards are made by the colleges and universities. Because of Federal regulations, the Foundation cannot award financial aid or make loans to individuals.
3. The majority of our funding is made to local charitable organizations or through local affiliates of national or statewide organizations.
4. Awards are made only to recognized charitable organizations which qualify under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as tax exempt organizations.
5. Religious contributions are basically limited to the local Episcopal churches.
6. Funding is not available to organizations outside the United States or those limited by race or ethnic origin.
7. The Foundation refrains from making awards for endowments or deficit financing.
8. Awards are not made to other Foundations except for Community Funds.
9. The total amount of money awarded to all charitable organizations for any given year is governed by, but not necessarily limited to, that minimum required by the Internal Revenue Service Code.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Requests for contributions, gifts and grants must be submitted prior to our December 1 deadline. Requests are then reviewed by the Board of Trustees Distribution Committee with approved awards being made after February 25 of the following year.
2. Proposals or requests must be made in writing with the following information included.
a. A copy of the I.R.S. letter of determination qualifying the organization as a tax exempt charitable organization.
b. A description of the proposed project and justification of need thereof.
c. A detailed explanation of the use of the funds requested.
d. List of the names of the governing board and the name of the chief administrator of the organization.
e. Current financial statement including the sources of funding, income and expenses.
3. All requests received shall be acknowledged in writing by the chief administrator and all checks shall bear a proper and legal endorsement.